Saturday, February 19, 2011

My next court date with 545 W 146th Street Corp. or Inc. is Tuesday, February 22, 2011. They claim I owe them $80,000.00. I filed a counter-claim or Order to Show Cause saying they owe me for enduring harassment, un-safe conditions and that they have been grossly negligent and have mis-reported to the court and to DHCR.

Last summer, Joel Charleston, the new attorney for 545 made a list of things that needed to be repaired in the building. Some of the repairs were made. Many were not. Around the same time, (I guess after he got tired of making repairs) the super knocked on my door and asked to see something in the apartment. I let him in. He had his helper remove a large piece of the run-off pipe that drains the roof when it rains. They said they had to fix it and never brought it back. Now the whole pipe is missing.






On that list of repairs were a number of "bad repairs", things that had been poorly repaired like the floor around this radiator in the living room.


Also, this bathroom floor is what I would call a "bad repair".


There had been a recurring problem with the bathroom ceiling leaking and causing the ceiling to fall. The water also caused the light fixture to short out and mold to grow between the walls.

The super and friends plastered over the hole and painted. Some water has fallen since then and started to stain the ceiling. The bathroom light still does not work.


For some reason, the water pressure in the shower is extremely low, even when the water pressure for the tub is high. The temperatures also can be very different. I can't figure that out. The faucet is loose and will come off in your hand. When I asked the super to fix it, many years ago, he asked me if I wanted to go over to his apartment.


I just noticed this crack in the master bedroom wall. Something seems to be Oozing from it.


There is a crack in the ceiling of the first bedroom as well as a hole in the closet where a light used to be. Through these holes and cracks and the cracks around the heating pipes comes a black dust that is likely the remains and feces of 100 years of roaches and rats as well as dust and poison. This front room is too cold in the winter to use as it shares two walls with the hallway and one with the outside and the heat is rarely on. The second bedroom is unusable because of the dust which gets in the eyes and is unhealthy to breath.

No comments: